APRA Connect is the new data collection solution for reporting entities to lodge entity information and regulatory data with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
APRA Connect will go live in September 2021, and the first data collections to be introduced will be the Superannuation Data Transformation collections.
A test environment is planned to be available from 17 June 2021 and will be a permanent feature for entities to become familiar with the interface and functionality of APRA Connect and trial submission of entity information and data.
From 17 June 2021, entities are expected to:
- log into the test environment using myGovID authentication
- assign and manage user roles and permissions
- become familiar with the functionality of APRA Connect
- leverage guidance materials to assist users
- practice data preparation and submission
- contact APRA Service Desk for any technical issues at email@example.com. For urgent issues call +61 2 9210 3400 between 9 am and 5 pm AEST weekdays.
APRA expects reporting entities to:
- plan and allocate resources to facilitate the transition to the new solution (if required)
- ensure users have myGovID and are authorised in RAM for each entity they are reporting for ie each ABN
- nominate a first user to access the test environment via the D2A form: RRA: APRA Connect test nomination
- review the guidance material provided by APRA to build knowledge (to be published prior to external test go live)
- access taxonomy artefacts to assist in the preparation of data
- read the supporting material to build knowledge of the test environment.
For superannuation entities:
- APRA has consulted with the industry about APRA’s Superannuation Data Transformation and new collections will be introduced in APRA Connect, with the first new collection on APRA Connect in 2021.
- Entities should refer to taxonomy artefacts to support the preparation of data.
- In response to industry feedback a pilot was conducted in the external test environment for a small number of superannuation entities to allow early testing of the system and guidance materials prior to rollout to all entities in June.
For more information please contact your Client Relationship Manager.
Source: APRA, CCH iknow